Breakpoints during runtime

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
klamb
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Breakpoints during runtime

Post by klamb »

If I set breakpoints before launching the application they work just fine, however if the program is already running it seems that I can't enable or disable breakpoints. I'm using mingw (x64-4.8.1-posix-seh-rev5) to build and debug. I'm wondering if there's some weird setting that I'm not aware of to make this work again. Previously I was just using the mingw that came packaged with codelite, but I eventually wanted to move to a 64 bit compiler with more c++11 support (at the time codelite was still shipping with 4.7.x) and I get some weird compile errors now if I try to use the most recent version of mingw shipped with codelite.

Anyways, just throwing it out there that I have this problem and maybe someone has already figured it out, if not I'll document my findings.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Breakpoints during runtime

Post by eranif »

Placing the breakpoint (click on the margin and see that the red dot is there) is enough. If its not working, then its something that gdb is doing.
You should provide the debugger output log (in full debug mode) as described here

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread