undefined reference to 'clGitRevision' on 6225

Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
foxmuldr
CodeLite Expert

undefined reference to 'clGitRevision' on 6225

Post by foxmuldr »

I've just switched from Trisquel 5.5 to Linux Mint 14. I went to upgrade and rebuild Codelite. I get five errors, all the same thing: undefined reference to 'clGitRevision'. I did a Google search and unbelievably (LOL) it came up with no results.

Exact message:
----------Building project:[ ZoomNavigator - Release_gcc_unicode ]----------

g++ -DON_64_BIT -O3 -DREGEXP_UNICODE -DNDEBUG -fPIC -shared -o [snip] -L../lib -Wl,-rpath,"/usr/lib/codelite" -L/usr/local/lib -pthread -lwx_gtk2u_aui-2.9 -lwx_gtk2u_stc-2.9 -lwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.9 -lwx_gtk2u_html-2.9 -lwx_gtk2u_qa-2.9 -lwx_gtk2u_adv-2.9 -lwx_gtk2u_core-2.9 -lwx_baseu_xml-2.9 -lwx_baseu_net-2.9 -lwx_baseu-2.9 -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgio-2.0 -lpangoft2-1.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lcairo -lpango-1.0 -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lutil
cp -f ../lib/DatabaseExplorer.so ../Runtime/plugins/.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rick/codelite/source/Codelite/DatabaseExplorer'
g++ -DON_64_BIT -O3 -DREGEXP_UNICODE -DNDEBUG -o Runtime/codelite [snip] -L/home/rick/codelite/source/Codelite/sdk/clang/Linux/x86_64/lib -lclang -L./lib -Wl,-rpath,"/usr/lib/codelite" -lpluginu -lcodeliteu -lwxsqlite3u -lwxshapeframeworku -ldblayersqliteu -L./sdk/sqlite3/lib -L/usr/local/lib -pthread -lwx_gtk2u_aui-2.9 -lwx_gtk2u_stc-2.9 -lwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.9 -lwx_gtk2u_html-2.9 -lwx_gtk2u_qa-2.9 -lwx_gtk2u_adv-2.9 -lwx_gtk2u_core-2.9 -lwx_baseu_xml-2.9 -lwx_baseu_net-2.9 -lwx_baseu-2.9 -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgio-2.0 -lpangoft2-1.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lcairo -lpango-1.0 -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0
cp -f ../lib/git.so ../Runtime/plugins/.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rick/codelite/source/Codelite/git'
cp -f ../lib/CallGraph.so ../Runtime/plugins/.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rick/codelite/source/Codelite/CallGraph'
cp -f ../lib/ZoomNavigator.so ../Runtime/plugins/.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rick/codelite/source/Codelite/ZoomNavigator'
Release_gcc_unicode/LiteEditorObjects_app.o: In function `CodeLiteApp::OnInit()':
app.cpp:(.text+0x2bcb): undefined reference to `clGitRevision'
Release_gcc_unicode/LiteEditorObjects_app.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0(int, int) [clone .constprop.147]':
app.cpp:(.text+0x44c3): undefined reference to `clGitRevision'
Release_gcc_unicode/LiteEditorObjects_frame.o: In function `clMainFrame::SetFrameTitle(LEditor*)':
frame.cpp:(.text+0x17404): undefined reference to `clGitRevision'
Release_gcc_unicode/LiteEditorObjects_frame.o: In function `clMainFrame::Initialize(bool)':
frame.cpp:(.text+0x366d6): undefined reference to `clGitRevision'
Release_gcc_unicode/LiteEditorObjects_webupdatethread.o: In function `WebUpdateJob::ParseFile()':
webupdatethread.cpp:(.text+0x536): undefined reference to `clGitRevision'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [LiteEditor] Error 1

I looked for some git-dev packages, but couldn't find them. What am I missing or doing wrong?

PS - KUDOS!! on switching to Git. About time. :-)
Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
www.Visual-FreePro.org
www.LibSF.org
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: undefined reference to 'clGitRevision' on 6225

Post by eranif »

Running 'configure' or 'make' should have created the file 'LiteEditor/autoversion.cpp'
Do you have it?, if not try running the script manually from within codelite's source tree (from the root directory)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
foxmuldr
CodeLite Expert

Post by foxmuldr »

eranif wrote:Running 'configure' or 'make' should have created the file 'LiteEditor/autoversion.cpp'
Do you have it?, if not try running the script manually from within codelite's source tree (from the root directory)
I did run .configure. I ran it again just to be sure. It did not generate LiteEditor/autoversion.cpp, but it did generate ./autoversion.cpp.

I am going to clone the current git repo and start over. This version I have is the continually patched version from 2010-something I'm sure. :-)

UPDATE: That fixed it. It created LiteEditor/autoversion.cpp rather than ./autoversion.cpp.
Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
www.Visual-FreePro.org
www.LibSF.org
foxmuldr
CodeLite Expert

Post by foxmuldr »

BTW, when I downloaded the latest project I noticed the make job count is set -j8. I have a six-core machine and have had issues in prior versions of Linux and GCC tools whenever I build with -jN greater than 4, including the default -j8. This was also true as of today on Linux Mint 14.

Does anybody have success in Linux building with greater than -j4? I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong. Every other project I can build with -j6.
Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
www.Visual-FreePro.org
www.LibSF.org
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

foxmuldr wrote:BTW, when I downloaded the latest project I noticed the make job count is set -j8. I have a six-core machine and have had issues in prior versions of Linux and GCC tools whenever I build with -jN greater than 4, including the default -j8. This was also true as of today on Linux Mint 14.

Does anybody have success in Linux building with greater than -j4? I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong. Every other project I can build with -j6.
i am building with -j8 without any errors ( ubuntu 64, quantal )

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
foxmuldr
CodeLite Expert

Post by foxmuldr »

eranif wrote:i am building with -j8 without any errors ( ubuntu 64, quantal )
I don't know. The failure beyond -j4 has survived this AMD 6-core machine through Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit, Trisquel 5.0 64-bit, Trisquel 5.5 64-bit, and now Linux Mint 14 64-bit.
Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
www.Visual-FreePro.org
www.LibSF.org