Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
jdl
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Build error: ‘PLUGINS_DIR’ was not declared in this scope

Post by jdl »

Hi,

Build error on rev 4332 on Ubuntu 10.04 with build configuration Linux_64Bit_Release:

../Interfaces/plugin.h:346: error: ‘PLUGINS_DIR’ was not declared in this scope

build command:

g++ -c "/home/jdl/projects/codelite/Plugin/build_config.cpp" -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXGTK__ -pthread -O2 -pthread -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/gio-unix-2.0/ -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/directfb -I/usr/include/libpng12 -fPIC -D__WX__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DON_64_BIT -o ./ReleaseUnicode/build_config.o "-I." "-I." "-I./include" "-I../CodeLite" "-I../sdk/wxsqlite3/include" "-I../Interfaces" "-I../sdk/wxflatnotebook/include/"

Looks like PLUGINS_DIR is not defined?

Thanks
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Build error: ‘PLUGINS_DIR’ was not declared in this scope

Post by eranif »

When building codelite under Linux, it is advised to use the configuration:

"Unix_Custom_Makefiles" - which executes the command line makefile (generated by the configure script)

So, to build codelite under linux, run:

./configure && make

OR
- Open LiteEditor.workspace
- Select the configuration 'Unix_Custom_Makefiles'
- Right click 'LiteEditor' project, and select from the menu 'Custom Build Targets -> configure'
- and then hit F7

The configuration 'Linux_64Bit_Release' is not maintained and is probably outdated.

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread