CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
nemesis
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: all

Re: VC++ complier with Codelite

Post by nemesis »

hej!

thanks for your help. i had this path setting, too - i'm guessing the real problem is, that codelite only works with a make build system (i also don't find a way to add different build systems) because it still calls mingw32-make.exe (just changing this exe in buildsystem settings doesn't work since mingw parameters are still passed) opposing to (for example) codeblocks, that utilizes the toolchain itself (that's what it looks like for me since setting up the vc compiler with paths works from scratch).
if there's anyway to bypass the mingw call i'd appreciate any hints.

regards,
nem
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

nemesis wrote:thanks for your help. i had this path setting, too - i'm guessing the real problem is, that codelite only works with a make build system (i also don't find a way to add different build systems) because it still calls mingw32-make.exe (just changing this exe in buildsystem settings doesn't work since mingw parameters are still passed) opposing to (for example) codeblocks, that utilizes the toolchain itself (that's what it looks like for me since setting up the vc compiler with paths works from scratch).
if there's anyway to bypass the mingw call i'd appreciate any hints.
The only way to change this, is by writing a new one. This can only be extended by code (the current build system is also responsible for generating the makefiles)
You can switch to custom build, write your own makefile and let codelite call it

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
theunsheydenrych
CodeLite Curious

Post by theunsheydenrych »

HI , i am new to CodeLite and like the IDE very much and prefer it above MSVS.
I have the "Build Settings" for the VC++ compiler the same as the screen shot in the previous post.
However in the "Build Systems" tab in the "Build Settings" dialog, only the GNU build systems are available?
And it is set to use "mingw32-make.exe".

How do i get it to use nmake.exe and what would the settings be?
I have MSVS 2005 installed, on a XP SP3 machine.

Please help.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

theunsheydenrych wrote:How do i get it to use nmake.exe and what would the settings be?
I have MSVS 2005 installed, on a XP SP3 machine.
You can't. You will need to write your own build system.
search the forum for this
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread