Ubuntu 9.10 Installing Lua for use with Codelite

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
Superchiken
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Ubuntu 9.10 Installing Lua for use with Codelite

Post by Superchiken »

So I'm not exactly one whose familiar with codelite, C++, or Ubuntu linux, but I needed a program to write and learn Lua in. I played around with things in codelite while following a tutorial that tells you how to make a simple program in Lua, and according to codelite's compiling software, I cannot #include <lua.h> or any Lua file for that matter. I figured that it came with Lua preinstalled, but it apparently did not. So I tried to download and install the Lua source and binaries from lua.org, and unfortunately I was not allowed to place the #include files in the usr/include/ folder on ubuntu. So I tried to follow the instructions, but it cannot complete make-ing or make install-ing the files. Is there an easier way to install the source and binaries properly?

Thanks in advance.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Ubuntu 9.10 Installing Lua for use with Codelite

Post by eranif »

Superchiken wrote:So I tried to follow the instructions, but it cannot complete make-ing or make install-ing the files. Is there an easier way to install the source and binaries properly?
This is the wrong forum for your question. You should try and consult the people of Lua for how to properly install and use it.

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Ubuntu 9.10 Installing Lua for use with Codelite

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,
I was not allowed to place the #include files in the usr/include/ folder on ubuntu. So I tried to follow the instructions, but it cannot complete make-ing or make install-ing the files.
Since you mentioned that you're new to Ubuntu, just to remind you that you need to do: sudo make install

Regards,

David