Crash with CL rev. 3209

Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
DSP_Programmer
CodeLite Veteran

Crash with CL rev. 3209

Post by DSP_Programmer »

Hello Eran,

I build rev. 3209 at my local machine (WinReleaseUnicode, Vista), run the update script and started.
Then I went to "Plugins"->"Manage Plugins", and enabled the SymbolView plugin. While the restart CL crashed. After this, CL crashes every time I try to start it.
The call stack from the debugger is attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
frank_frl
CodeLite Expert

Re: Crash with CL rev. 3209

Post by frank_frl »

Hi,

try to remove the SymbolView plugin from the plugins folder, then restart. Eran changed the tag database somehow. I have a problem with my SpellChecker plugin as well, the function to retrieve the tag database is gone and I guess that the SymbolView plugin is also using that function.

There are also some problems problems on MAC with rev. 3211.
When compiling:

Code: Select all

Creating Mac bundle...
Running install_name_tool...
install_name_tool: changing install names can't be redone for: ../lib/Subversion.so (for architecture i386) because larger updated load commands do not fit (the program must be relinked)

When starting CodeLite in the Trace tab:

13:43:19: Failed to load plugin's dll: /Users/franklichtner/Dev/CodeLiteApp/CodeLite.app.3211.app/Contents/SharedSupport//plugins/Subversion.so
13:43:19: dlopen(/Users/franklichtner/Dev/CodeLiteApp/CodeLite.app.3211.app/Contents/SharedSupport//plugins/Subversion.so, 1): Library not loaded: ./lib/libwxpropgridu.so
  Referenced from: /Users/franklichtner/Dev/CodeLiteApp/CodeLite.app.3211.app/Contents/SharedSupport//plugins/Subversion.so
  Reason: image not found
Frank
DSP_Programmer
CodeLite Veteran

Post by DSP_Programmer »

Hi,

I managed to get CL running with the SymbolView-Plugin disabled. However, I would like to have the SymbolView feature back some time in the future.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

DSP_Programmer wrote:Hi,

I managed to get CL running with the SymbolView-Plugin disabled. However, I would like to have the SymbolView feature back some time in the future.
That is depends on the author of the SymbolView plugin - I will contact him to see if he is willing to update his plugin.
DSP_Programmer wrote:Then I went to "Plugins"->"Manage Plugins", and enabled the SymbolView plugin. While the restart CL crashed
I will increase the plugin API, so codelite will reject this plugin even when enabled, until it is upgraded properly

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

frank_frl wrote:Hi,

try to remove the SymbolView plugin from the plugins folder, then restart. Eran changed the tag database somehow. I have a problem with my SpellChecker plugin as well, the function to retrieve the tag database is gone and I guess that the SymbolView plugin is also using that function.

There are also some problems problems on MAC with rev. 3211.
When compiling:

Creating Mac bundle...
Running install_name_tool...
install_name_tool: changing install names can't be redone for: ../lib/Subversion.so (for architecture i386) because larger updated load commands do not fit (the program must be relinked)

When starting CodeLite in the Trace tab:

13:43:19: Failed to load plugin's dll: /Users/franklichtner/Dev/CodeLiteApp/CodeLite.app.3211.app/Contents/SharedSupport//plugins/Subversion.so
13:43:19: dlopen(/Users/franklichtner/Dev/CodeLiteApp/CodeLite.app.3211.app/Contents/SharedSupport//plugins/Subversion.so, 1): Library not loaded: ./lib/libwxpropgridu.so
  Referenced from: /Users/franklichtner/Dev/CodeLiteApp/CodeLite.app.3211.app/Contents/SharedSupport//plugins/Subversion.so
  Reason: image not found
Frank
Hi Frank,

codelite no longer allows the plugins to access directly to the tags database. I created an interface ITagsStorage which is exposed by the TagsManager class, you should use this one instead. You can get all the data you require from this interface

This change allows me to change the tags implementation without worrying about plugins who depends on the tables structure

Edit: I dont know why Subversion requires libwxpropgridu.so since it does not make any use of it. I will remove this dependency and see if it helps

Eran
Eran
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

In the current SVN trunk, codelite will no longer load SymbolView since I increased the plugin API number.
Eran
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Hi Frank,

I tried it on my Mac, and it seems to built and load properly.
Still, I will remove the wxPropGrid dependency and will see

Eran