having trouble importing files from directory

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
pkwong
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

having trouble importing files from directory

Post by pkwong »

I'm using Codelite 2.0.3365 on Windows XP SP2 and haven't had any problems until today.

First time I've got this problem. I created a new workspace and a new project. I right click the new project and select Import Files From Directory.
I select the directory where I've got all my files and click OK.

A pop up screen flashes very quickly (can't read it) and goes away. No files show up in the workspace display under the project.

This is the first time I've seen this happen to me. Where can I find out more info on what is wrong??

peter
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: having trouble importing files from directory

Post by eranif »

Does your directory contains files with the proper extension?
Try checking the root directory as well

Other than that, there is not much debug info for this (unless you download codelite sources a compile yourself a more recent version, with some logging information)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
pkwong
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by pkwong »

Yes the files are mainly .cpp, .c and .h files. The dialog box that pops up after I select Import Files from Directory does have those extensions.

I never add this problem adding files before (ie. I've done this operation many times during the past year).

The root directory in the pop up dialog box is the correct directory of where my files are.

With CodeLite 1.x, I never had this problem with the same environment.
After upgrading to 2.x and finally needing to create a new project, I discovered this issue with importing from directory.

BTW: would having cygwin and a virtual machine (VMware's VMServer) affect it?
When I tried to compile the source, the compilation always tries to invoke /usr/sbin/sh to run the MinGW make and I get an error about command
not found.

peter
pkwong
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by pkwong »

I solved the problem. The Import Files from Directory pop up dialog requires you to check all the boxes in the directory.

PLUS, the *.* for file endings option does not work. You have to explicitly specify the file endings (eg. *.h;*.cpp etc).

peter