Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
kspes
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Joining the development team

Post by kspes »

Hi everyone,

I recently discovered CodeLIte and instantly fell in love with it, after 10 long years of C++ programming I've finally found an IDE that has (or soon will have) everything I ever wanted from an IDE;

I'd like to join in the development effort, I have tons of C++ experience and am a perfectionist and a workaholic :)
As for my references, I own a small game development studio located in Croatia, Europe: Cateia Games, http://www.cateia.com and have made a lot of games (mostly in C++) so far;
I'm also fairly experienced with Linux and MacOS so I can help on these fronts as well;

I'd like to start out small, perhaps by trying to fix bugs and work on documenting the project;
Which brings me to my first idea, it would be great to set up a wiki; Sourceforge offers MediaWiki hosting; On it, I'd like to document the build process, certain aspects of the project etc;, basically make it easier for future developers to contribute;
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Joining the development team

Post by eranif »

Hi,
kspes wrote:I'd like to join in the development effort, I have tons of C++ experience and am a perfectionist and a workaholic :)
Please contact me via mail directly.
kspes wrote:Which brings me to my first idea, it would be great to set up a wiki; Sourceforge offers MediaWiki hosting;
The site itself (http://www.codelite.org) is a one-big-wiki (using PmWiki), if you think you can make it better - I will gladly hand it over to someone who can improve it.
If you think that we should drop this site and start a new one on SF, we can make the transition.
kspes wrote:and MacOS so I can help on these fronts as well
Currently, the Mac development is lacking (although I release it for Mac as well, and it is fairly stable) - any help in this area is most appreciated.

My email:
eran [_DOT_] ifrah [_AT_] gmail [_DOT_] come

or send me a PM via this forum

For communication, I setup an irc channel #codelite @irc.freenode.net

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread