Development on CodeLite source itself

Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
foxmuldr
CodeLite Expert

Development on CodeLite source itself

Post by foxmuldr »

I'm beginning to work on CodeLite development, meaning working on the editor itself. I need some help.

First, I have downloaded the latest wxFormBuilder and have been able to add/edit/modify the Misc dialog without problem. I have also been able to associate the user changes with my new m_showDebugOnRun member by duplicating what I found for the checkbox option above it in the file EditorSettingsMiscPanel.cpp, which took the first source line and made the second:

Code: Select all

EditorConfigST::Get()->SaveLongValue(wxT("ShowFullPathInFrameTitle"), m_fullFilePath->IsChecked() ? 1 : 0);
EditorConfigST::Get()->SaveLongValue(wxT("ShowDebugOnRun"), m_showDebugOnRun->IsChecked() ? 1 : 0);
And for the getting, in the same file:

check = 1;
EditorConfigST::Get()->GetLongValue(wxT("ShowFullPathInFrameTitle"), check);
m_fullFilePath->SetValue(check ? true : false);

check = 1;
EditorConfigST::Get()->GetLongValue(wxT("ShowDebugOnRun"), check);
m_showDebugOnRun->SetValue(check ? true : false);
Does this need to be coded someplace else? Is this generated code? Or am I okay to manually include this?

Also, for my next issue, I cannot find where the menubar formbuilder (or code) is. How do I find it? And how do I edit it?

Thanks in advance! :)
Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
www.Visual-FreePro.org
www.LibSF.org
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Development on CodeLite source itself

Post by eranif »

About making GUI entries persistent:
There are 2 ways of doing it
1) Using the method you just used (using EditorConfigST::Get()->SaveLongValue(key, value))
2) Deriving from SerializedObject class and implementing Serialize(Archive &arc) and DeSerialize(Archive &arc) ( have a look at generalinfo.h /cpp for an example of usage). And once the object is created, you can simply use this code to write / load the values from the disk:

MySettings ms;
ms.SetSomeProperty(1);
ms.SetSomeProperty(wxT("String Prop"));

// write it to disk
EditorConfigST::Get()->WriteObject( wxT("MySettingsName"), &ms );

// read it
MySettings ms2;
EditorConfigST::Get()->ReadObject( wxT("MySettingsName"), &ms2 );
foxmuldr wrote:Does this need to be coded someplace else? Is this generated code? Or am I okay to manually include this?
It should be fine this way
foxmuldr wrote:Also, for my next issue, I cannot find where the menubar formbuilder (or code) is. How do I find it? And how do I edit it?
If you are looking to modify the menubar then it is /usr/share/codelite/rc/menu.xrc

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
foxmuldr
CodeLite Expert

Post by foxmuldr »

eranif wrote:About making GUI entries persistent:
There are 2 ways of doing it
1) Using the method you just used (using EditorConfigST::Get()->SaveLongValue(key, value))
2) Deriving from SerializedObject class and implementing Serialize(Archive &arc) and DeSerialize(Archive &arc) ( have a look at generalinfo.h /cpp for an example of usage). And once the object is created, you can simply use this code to write / load the values from the disk:
Which do you recommend?
eranif wrote:If you are looking to modify the menubar then it is /usr/share/codelite/rc/menu.xrc
How about the simple toolbar at the top? And I use a single toolbar for my install. Is it different for non-singles?

- Rick
Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
www.Visual-FreePro.org
www.LibSF.org
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

foxmuldr wrote:Which do you recommend?
For "legacy" code that uses the old method, I would stick with the way it is already done.
For new code, I will use deriving from SerializedObject
foxmuldr wrote:How about the simple toolbar at the top? And I use a single toolbar for my install. Is it different for non-singles?
The toolbars is another story. It is hard coded in the code, have a look at:

clMainFrame::CreateToolbars16() and clMainFrame::CreateToolbars24()

The indication whether codelite should work with single or multiple toolbars is by calling this method:

PluginManager::Get()->AllowToolbar()
Some other toolbar related info:
- The core application provides 4 toolbars (1 in single toolbar) - standard, search, build and debug
- All other toolbars are provided by the plugins (each plugin has a method named 'CreateToolbar()' which the plugin can choose to implement or to simply return NULL)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
foxmuldr
CodeLite Expert

Post by foxmuldr »

Thanks! Checking it out.
eranif wrote:clMainFrame::CreateToolbars16() and clMainFrame::CreateToolbars24()
PluginManager::Get()->AllowToolbar()
Some other toolbar related info:
- The core application provides 4 toolbars (1 in single toolbar) - standard, search, build and debug
- All other toolbars are provided by the plugins (each plugin has a method named 'CreateToolbar()' which the plugin can choose to implement or to simply return NULL)
If I prepare a patch, do I submit it to the patches area on SourceForge? Or here? Or how?
Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
www.Visual-FreePro.org
www.LibSF.org
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Just post it here as attachment - I will test it

Eran