Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
HJarausch
CodeLite Veteran
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

configure on Linux is broken

Post by HJarausch »

Hi,

please change configure (under Linux) which always installs something into /usr/lib/codelite irrespectively of the setting of --prefix.
Please install into <PREFIX>/lib/codelite.

I have been trapped by this more than once.

Helmut.
(problem exists up to 2.7.0.4375)
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: configure on Linux is broken

Post by eranif »

Hopefully DavidGH can reply to this one (he is much more familiar with --prefix switch of the configure script than me)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
HJarausch
CodeLite Veteran

Post by HJarausch »

Here is a patch.

Helmut.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

Hi Helmut,
please change configure (under Linux) which always installs something into /usr/lib/codelite...
That's surprising. What files do you find get installed?
..irrespectively of the setting of --prefix
What prefix and plugins-dir do you use? I almost always use --prefix=$(pwd))/CLinstall --plugins-dir=$(pwd)/CLinstall/lib and do 'make install' as a normal user. Any files directed to /usr/* would have resulted in an error message.
The only way I can see that your problem might have happened is if you configure --prefix= but forget to add --plugins-dir=; and then do 'make install' as superuser.
problem exists up to 2.7.0.4375
'configure' has changed since then. Since r4392 if a prefix is provided, plugins-dir automatically becomes a subdir of it, unless --plugins-dir is supplied separately. So it's no longer necessary to specify plugins-dir unless you want it to go elsewhere. Could you update, or at least grab the current 'configure' from http://codelite.svn.sourceforge.net/vie ... e?view=log and see if the problem still happens.

Regards,

David