CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
HJarausch
CodeLite Veteran
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

How to show build errors?

Post by HJarausch »

Hi,

when I build a project, no .exe file is built (probably due to some library issues).
Unfortunately, at the end, all build messages a cleared and replaced by a green bar showing
"build ended successfully"

Unfortunately, that's not true and I'd like to see all build (esp. linkage) messages.
What can I do about this?

Many thanks for a hint,
Helmut.
josee
CodeLite Enthusiast

Re: How to show build errors?

Post by josee »

Hello Helmut,

you can switch to the build pane which shows you all errors.

If a linker error occurs especially »multiple definition of« then the default build settings do not catch this type of error
link-err.png
The correct this behaviour got to Settings -> Build Settings and and edit the first pattern under »gnu g++« -> Patterns
and change them to the following
build-settings.png
Hope this helps

Jörg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HJarausch
CodeLite Veteran

Post by HJarausch »

Many thanks Jörg.
Sorry for answering so late.
I'm busy preparing a CodeLite package for my students.

Helmut.
gralves
CodeLite Curious

Post by gralves »

I am having a related problem. I had a classical "static libraries link order" error today:

Code: Select all

C:/dev/GameDevelopment/libs/libGameBase.a(src_GameBaseApp.o):c:/dev/GameDevelopment/GameDevelopment/GameBase/src/GameBaseApp.cpp:122: undefined reference to `glEnable@4'
C:/dev/GameDevelopment/libs/libGameBase.a(src_GameBaseApp.o):c:/dev/GameDevelopment/GameDevelopment/GameBase/src/GameBaseApp.cpp:123: undefined reference to `glClearColor@16'
C:/dev/GameDevelopment/libs/libGameBase.a(src_GameBaseApp.o):c:/dev/GameDevelopment/GameDevelopment/GameBase/src/GameBaseApp.cpp:124: undefined reference to `glViewport@16'
Those didn't show as a build error even thought the patterns are:

Code: Select all

^([^ ][a-zA-Z:]{0,2}[ a-zA-Z\\.0-9_/\\+\\-]+ *)(:)([0-9]*)([:0-9]*)(: )((fatal error)|(error)|(undefined reference))
I am not versed enought on regexp's to figure out what is going wrong here, but if I understood correctly it appears that codelite does not expect the library name to appear on the pattern. Could someone suggest a pattern that would catch those kind of errors?