Using compleition/hint for none c

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
jens
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Using compleition/hint for none c

Post by jens »

We currently use Notepad++ for the scripting part of our game engine. Previously this has been perfect, but with the new engine we are working on we have moved as much as possible to the script, making it much more extended and complicated, the auto-complete in NP++ is no longer very sufficient. While looking for alternatives I found CodeLite, and it is great! But I three problems that I have not been able to solve, so happy if I could get any tips on how to solve/work around it.

We use Angel Script, with script files called .hps. I realize the main usage is C++, but AS is very similar and CodeLite does a great job with it. I have managed to get it to code complete, show hints and all that without any problems. But have these three issues/questions:

1. We have &in for string parameters, ie "MyFunction(string &in myString)", the hints does not display properly when the keyword "in" is used, the hint will be "MyFunction(string &in)", the paramter name and following paramters will not be printed. Is this a known issue or is there a workaround?

2. For pointers we use @ instead of *, "myClass @myObject" will not be able to auto-complete methods/properties when typing (or trying to force with ctrl-space) "myObject.", when not using @ or if testing with standard * it works fine. Any solution or workaround to get it to think an @ character is OK?

3. While we don't have to, but we prefer to use our own lexer for color coding and keywords instead of using C++. Is it possible to get completion/hint to work when not viewing files with C++?

Why we want to use CodeLite: Except the three problems above it is exactly what we are looking for and helps us tremendously with the internal work on the game. We also release tools, documentation and scripting capabilities to the community as games are released, so it is a must for us to be able to recommend a script editor that is available to them as well.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Using compleition/hint for none c

Post by eranif »

jens wrote:1. We have &in for string parameters, ie "MyFunction(string &in myString)", the hints does not display properly when the keyword "in" is used, the hint will be "MyFunction(string &in)", the paramter name and following paramters will not be printed. Is this a known issue or is there a workaround?
You could try and add '&in' to the ignored list token, perform a full retag of the workspace and see if it helps
Settings -> Tags Settings -> ctags -> Advanced -> Tokens
jens wrote:2. For pointers we use @ instead of *, "myClass @myObject" will not be able to auto-complete methods/properties when typing (or trying to force with ctrl-space) "myObject.", when not using @ or if testing with standard * it works fine. Any solution or workaround to get it to think an @ character is OK?
I am afraid not
jens wrote:. While we don't have to, but we prefer to use our own lexer for color coding and keywords instead of using C++. Is it possible to get completion/hint to work when not viewing files with C++?
The completion is bound to the active file lexer (i.e. the code completion will show up only if the file is part of the c++ family) the list of c++ file extensions is defined in Settings -> Syntax Highlight and fonts -> C++
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread