CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Cannot open source file

Post by gostal »

CodeLite version 3.5.5377
Downloaded bare bones as I already had MinGW installed
Windows 7 64 bit

My system is setup such that the home directory (Libraries/Documents) is on a network server with a local and synchronized copy on the computer harddrive so that I can access the files also when the computer is not connected to the server. If I try to setup a workspace and a project in the home directory then whatever source file there is according to CodeLite's file browser cannot be opened in the editor. If on the other hand I have a workspace and project setup locally (on the computer harddrive) then there is no problem. It appears that CodeLite cannot fully cope with a network home directory. Is there a known workaround to this problem or is there some magic setting I have overlooked?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Cannot open source file

Post by eranif »

This was asked many times in the forum:

The workspace && projects && sources *MUST* be on the same drive
This is because all paths are kept relative.

There is no workaround for this for many reason (search the forum)
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
gostal
CodeLite Curious

Re: Cannot open source file

Post by gostal »

Thank you! You just handed me the solution. If I skip using the Win 7 home directory and use instead the complete network adress it seems to do what I want as the network adress is available even if I'm not online due to the synchronized local copy of the network folder. :)

As a sidenote I was a bit startled when I first tried this as most of the files opened blank. It turned out that CodeLite was set to use utf-8 and only the ones that were modified and saved showed up correctly. The ones that opened blank were still coded in iso-8859-1. I then converted all the relevant files to utf-8 using notepad++ and no more blank files!