Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
leon_lee
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Re: codelite built for new plugin meets fatal error

Post by leon_lee »

eranif wrote:
leon_lee wrote:If I want make a plugin to act like the notepad++ "find all in current document"(find out all the lines with the find target, and list them in the output view search, and reach the line in editor by simply double click in that line in the output view.), which plugin should I follow?
Have you tried this:

- Select a word in the document
- Ctrl-Shift-G

Eran
wow, that's exactly what I want. thank you very much.
When I'm browsing a cpp file in notepad++, notepad++ will use red line in the left sidebar indicating which part( function, struct, if, while...) I'm browsing. This feature is quite good for browsing the code. Can codelite do the same? If not, how to add this feature?
Right now, I know codelite can fold/unfold using the rectangle in the left sidebar.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

leon_lee wrote:When I'm browsing a cpp file in notepad++, notepad++ will use red line in the left sidebar indicating which part( function, struct, if, while...) I'm browsing. This feature is quite good for browsing the code. Can codelite do the same? If not, how to add this feature?
Do you mean this:

Settings -> global editor preferences -> general -> show indentation guides?

If not, please post a screenshot of what you are looking for

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
leon_lee
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by leon_lee »

eranif wrote:
leon_lee wrote:When I'm browsing a cpp file in notepad++, notepad++ will use red line in the left sidebar indicating which part( function, struct, if, while...) I'm browsing. This feature is quite good for browsing the code. Can codelite do the same? If not, how to add this feature?
Do you mean this:

Settings -> global editor preferences -> general -> show indentation guides?

If not, please post a screenshot of what you are looking for

Eran
no, not this one. please have a look at the attached, and there's one red line on the left side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
leon_lee
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by leon_lee »

No one is interested in this? If no one wants to do it, please show me which part I should change to have this, and I'll do it myself.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

codelite (trunk version) uses wxStyledTextCtrl which internally uses Scintilla.
Since scintilla is no longer part of codelite repository, this change needs to be done on the wxWidgets level and not codelite's level.

So basically:

fix scintilla (http://www.scintilla.org and send them a patch) -> this will be propogated to wxStyledTextCtrl (eventually) -> and at the next wxWidgets release -> will arrive to codelite

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread