Can't compile using CodeLite, help!?

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
Sidratul1024
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Can't compile using CodeLite, help!?

Post by Sidratul1024 »

Since I found CodeLite, I've been a crazy lover of this awesome IDE. But the problem is, I can't compile anything with it.
I have installed TDM-GCC v4.9.2<tdm-1> downloaded from http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/, installed it on "D:\Program Files\tdm-gcc". I installed CodeLite 7.0, it detected the installation of the compiler and set it to default, and everything was fine.
But the problem arose when I tried to compile, I ended up with the following error message:

Code: Select all

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /C ""D:/Program Files/tdm-gcc/bin/mingw32-make.exe" -j4 SHELL=cmd.exe  -e -f  Makefile"
"----------Building project:[ Hello - Debug ]----------"
'D:/Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
mingw32-make.exe: *** [All] Error 1
Makefile:4: recipe for target 'All' failed
1 errors, 0 warnings
I'm not understanding how to fix this issue and so, can't go any far. How can I fix this and continue programming?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Can't compile using CodeLite, help!?

Post by eranif »

Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Sidratul1024
CodeLite Curious

Post by Sidratul1024 »

Thanks Eran for your help.

However, it seems strange, but when I uninstalled the installation from "D:\Program Files\TDM-GCC" and installed it into "C:\TDM-GCC", the entire system worked fine.

I also came up with using the Terminal Emulator. Enabling Terminal Emulator and disabling Windows' Command Prompt also solved the problem of creating the dependencies file. The compiling log was a large but it compiled successfully.

And if you don't mind, I'd like to suggest you one thing.

In Windows, the file paths are with '\' like "C:\Program Files\CodeLite", not "C:/Program Files/CodeLite". Windows doesn't support '/' and it's the file path extension of Linux. I had lots of trouble with such issue. I accidentally typed '/' instead of '\' and had to face "No such directory" etc. etc. issue.

I'd recommend to fix this in Windows release. :D
petah
CodeLite Expert
IDE Question: c++

Post by petah »

Sidratul1024 wrote:Windows doesn't support '/' and it's the file path extension of Linux.
'/' is the path separator for pretty much every system except Windows (probably because most are Unix descendants) and '\' is a reserved C preprocessor character so one could argue that Windows is really the ugly duckling here ;) More importantly, when using minGW's build tools you should use '/' instead of '\' when issuing commands; the path separator will be flipped automatically internally.

cheers,

-- p
main: Debian Jessie x64 + custom wxTrunk