CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
jzundel
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Include directories

Post by jzundel »

Hello,

I've recently installed codelite on an Ubuntu system. The problem, I'm having is with tagging a directory to be searched for include files. I've tried this a couple of different ways and it doesn't seem to work. 1)Settings > Tag settings this pulls up the Tags options and under Ctags > Search paths I add the include directory. 2) Using the explorer, I right click on a directory and under Tags > Workspace Parser Paths I click add to include paths. When I try to build the project it says my include file doesn't exist. However, when I right click say #include "foo.h" in the text window and tell it to open foo.h, it opens. So to me it seems as if it can simultaneously find and not find it. Also, if I add the include file to one of the directories that codelite automatically lists, then it can find the include file.

Any suggestions other than dumping all my include files in /usr/include?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Include directories

Post by eranif »

You are confusing between the tagging (which is used for code completion) and between the actual compilation.
Right click on your project and select settings -> common settings -> compiler -> include paths
add there the include paths to your files

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
jzundel
CodeLite Curious

Re: Include directories

Post by jzundel »

Thanks, I knew it had to be simple.