Creating OS X App with built-in libraries

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
cpuin
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Creating OS X App with built-in libraries

Post by cpuin »

I was super happy when knew about existent of CodeLite.For first time completely vanished product.
I have tasted it and it's an amazing.I', super happy also for the plug-in MacBundler.Super useful.

There is only two thing, but very important i miss:

- how to include the libraries in the Mac bundle, making a standalone App?
- how to set CodeLite on Mac in order to not manually set for every project the path to wx?By default CodeLite gives an error showing that can't find wx library.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Creating OS X App with built-in libraries

Post by eranif »

Usually, you will need to create a script that copies the libraries to their proper location in the bundle and run install_name_tool on them
See this wiki for more help:

https://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Distributing ... the_bundle

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
cpuin
CodeLite Curious

Post by cpuin »

Dear Eranif,

Thank you for your answer.
Unfortunately i didn't understand how to use this script with CodeLite in order to be used with CodeBundler too?
You also didn't give a tip how to make CodeLite find the default place of WX.There are many many people that suffer in the internet from this issue.
I was about to leave CodeLite before finding the solution to manually add the path in the compiler and the linker pointing to /usr/local/bin/wx-config.
If i find a solution for these problems i'll switch compleately to CodeLite and leave forever Qt, because i like WX.I'm ready also to give some money if all these things work properly, because this is part of the complete process install IDE - program - deploy.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

cpuin wrote:Unfortunately i didn't understand how to use this script with CodeLite in order to be used with CodeBundler too?
Create your own script and call it as part of the build: project settings->build events->post build
cpuin wrote:I was about to leave CodeLite before finding the solution to manually add the path in the compiler and the linker pointing to /usr/local/bin/wx-config
So what you are saying is that if you write: wx-config it does not work, however, using /usr/local/bin/wx-config works?

Eran
cpuin
CodeLite Curious

Post by cpuin »

cpuin wrote:Unfortunately i didn't understand how to use this script with CodeLite in order to be used with CodeBundler too?
Create your own script and call it as part of the build: project settings->build events->post build

I'm not a bash expert, but will give a try!
cpuin wrote:I was about to leave CodeLite before finding the solution to manually add the path in the compiler and the linker pointing to /usr/local/bin/wx-config
So what you are saying is that if you write: wx-config it does not work, however, using /usr/local/bin/wx-config works?

Exactly!!!
I used Brew to install WX on OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
Is there some way to set this globally, not particular for every project?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

cpuin wrote:I used Brew to install WX on OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
What happens if you add this: right click on the workspace->settings->environment variables:

Code: Select all

PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH
Eran
cpuin
CodeLite Curious

Post by cpuin »

On this way it works perfect.

Now i'm facing the biggest problem - creating standalone app.
QT has tool macdeployqt which automatically create App with or without framework included.
Of course QT cost a lot if somebody want to make commercial App.I see in CodeLite big future.It's great that is Open source.I'm sure that many people like me once start using this IDE as primary will pay for this, because every work need remuneration.The problem of QT is that their new approach doesn't tolerate the newbies who can't pay in the beginning for a license.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Please open a feature request on GitHub:

https://github.com/eranif/codelite/issues/new

Eran
cpuin
CodeLite Curious

Post by cpuin »

eranif wrote:Please open a feature request on GitHub:

https://github.com/eranif/codelite/issues/new

Eran
Dear Eran,

As alternative of the standalone app for OS X (i'm not capable to write such a bash script) probably is a good idea to create an installer using the free app Packages.Unfortunately i don't know what and from where to include as framework?In Library/Frameworks i can't see wx.It's pity that in WX site are binaries for all platforms accept OS X.