UI changes in SVN 3210

Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
marfi
CodeLite Expert

UI changes in SVN 3210

Post by marfi »

Hi Eran,
I'd like to ask you why did you remove the most of nice/useful GUI controls from the latest CL version? I really liked the CL's "fancy" look as well as new Output View panel look and behavior...

Regards
Michal
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: UI changes in SVN 3210

Post by eranif »

marfi wrote:I'd like to ask you why did you remove the most of nice/useful GUI controls from the latest CL version? I really liked the CL's "fancy" look as well as new Output View panel look
You you will need to specify what was removed... and which controls are you referring to.
I switched to wxToggleButton (Linux / Mac only) instead of the custom control since they looked pretty bad when using dark-theme on Linux.
marfi wrote:and behavior...
The behavior is the same, nothing changed here

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
marfi
CodeLite Expert

Post by marfi »

You you will need to specify what was removed... and which controls are you referring to.
For example, the arrow button (displaying outputview tab's context menu) has disappeared, so if the (ugly) standard toggle buttons are placed outside the window user cannot switch to desired panel.

In my opinion the previous look was much better and polished that the new one (but of course, it is my subjective view). Look at the notebook tabs in attached screenshot and big toggle buttons in outputview tab...
I switched to wxToggleButton (Linux / Mac only) instead of the custom control since they looked pretty bad when using dark-theme on Linux.
So what about to read standard theme's colors and use it for drawing of gradients used in previous tabs' implementation (for example like wxFlatNotebook does)?

Best regards
Michal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

The problem with Linux, is that it comes in many flavors

Try to switch to a darker theme and you will see how nicely it feets.
While the other theme does not,

I will see what I can do about it

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread