CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
Jay
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

compile errors in release

Post by Jay »

Good afternoon,

I'd like to evaluate codelite on Ubuntu 8.04. The rpm had unfilled dependencies and would not install. The deb package wouldn't run saying I was missing bits as well.
I got the source from svn using the provided instructions and it seems to be missing bits as well:

g++ -DON_64_BIT -O3 -DREGEXP_UNICODE -c LiteEditor/free_text_dialog.cpp -Wall -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXGTK__ -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DASTYLE_LIB -DYY_NEVER_INTERACTIVE=1 -DGTK -DSCI_LEXER -DLINK_LEXERS -D__WX__ -DINSTALL_DIR=\"/usr/share/codelite\" -DPLUGINS_DIR=\"/usr/lib/codelite\" -I. -I./sdk/codelite_indexer/network -I./sdk/wxsqlite3/include -I./sdk/wxsqlite3/sqlite3/include -I./sdk/wxscintilla/include -I./sdk/wxscintilla/src/scintilla/include -I./sdk/wxpropgrid/include -I./sdk/wxscintilla/src/scintilla/src -I./Interfaces -I./Debugger -I./Plugin -I./CodeLite -o Release_gcc_unicode/free_text_dialog.o
LiteEditor/frame.cpp: In constructor ‘Frame::Frame(wxWindow*, wxWindowID, const wxString&, const wxPoint&, const wxSize&, long int)’:
LiteEditor/frame.cpp:504: error: ‘gtk_settings_get_default’ was not declared in this scope
LiteEditor/frame.cpp:505: error: ‘gtk_settings_set_string_property’ was not declared in this scope

Any suggestions as to what I'm missing?
I saw something about gtk++ being missing but there are no packages named gtk++ listed.

Thanks for your time.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: compile errors in release

Post by eranif »

Hi,

You need to install libgtk2.0-dev to build codelite from sources
but from the build output, you might want to try the other package I linked in the other post of yours

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Jay
CodeLite Curious

Post by Jay »

My OS is ubuntu 8.04 64bit. I tried the exisitng i386 version but the installer says I have the wrong architecture. I thought the i386 should work, perhaps at lower performance, on any intel/amd based system? Perhaps there's a setting in the packaging software that indicates multiple architectures?

I also tried the codelite_2.0.3365-ubuntu0_amd64 package and that's the one with the dependency issue.

The one you provided works like a champ. Thanks for taking out the time to help
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Jay wrote:I thought the i386 should work
Its for 32 bit archs. You should always install the packages with amd64 suffix (for codelite at least)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread