Registrating as user in CodeLite forum (this forum)

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
zainka
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Registrating as user in CodeLite forum (this forum)

Post by zainka »

Never, I must say, Never have I seen a more rigid way of creating a user account as what CodeLite Forum is using. Okay, asking for usernam, email address, password etc is fair enough. Even these anti robot images, whatever they are named, are okay. But when you start to ask for silly stupid, &%¤&%-ish questions like for which programming language CL is made for and the most logical answer is wrong, you can start wonder.

Well, first I wrote the following "C among others. What is this kind of question aboute???". It failed. Then I thought, ok. lets try C as a letter only then, cause I guessed you only wanted to have an extra precaussion against robots by having a simple question to be answerd. No! wrong again! Ahh. Lets open CodeLite main page. He only wants to ensure that people registrating knows what kind of forum this is, fair enough. We read and writes "C/C++ programming languages". Exatly as written on main page.... We enter the silly anti robot image textual image stuffish once more, the x'th time and waits. Aaaargh. Wrong again. What is this st.. sh... .!!! Well. Pe paitient. breath, Count to ten. Lets try "C/C++" then because THAT is atleast true, atleast according to the help file, (we hope). New round with writing anti spam robot image textual stuff thingy and hit the but once again. NOOOOO! Even this was wrong! What is the problem? Dont he want users, is he posting all problems and solutions with diferent usernames himself? Alone? Is this some kind of a closed one man forum I have entered??? It cant be, lets try again. Final time. "C++". Enter the anti spam robot sperm textual stuff thingy with no zeroes in it and ignore capital letters, hot the rectangular grey st. but again...... wait...... more wait...... wait even mo.PING! I am in. Well. First I have to wait for the activation email since I have just spent a while answering silly questions and ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS TO CONTRIBUTE WITH A SOLUTION TO A PROBLEM SOME USER HAD!!!

Sigh. Why do I in my very first post in this forum spend time writing a negative post about the forum? Because you need to change this way of registrating. Remov the yes/no question and the "what cind of programming language" question. The correct answer isnt even correct at all, cause both the help file and the main page states that both C and C++ is correct answers. You have already acheived everything you want through the anti robot image. People who want to registrate already know, most of the time at least, what this forum is about.

Change it :evil:
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Registrating as user in CodeLite forum (this forum)

Post by eranif »

zainka wrote:Never, I must say, Never have I seen a more rigid way of creating a user account as what CodeLite Forum is using. Okay, asking for usernam, email address, password etc is fair enough. Even these anti robot images, whatever they are named, are okay. But when you start to ask for silly stupid, &%¤&%-ish questions like for which programming language CL is made for and the most logical answer is wrong, you can start wonder.

Well, first I wrote the following "C among others. What is this kind of question aboute???". It failed. Then I thought, ok. lets try C as a letter only then, cause I guessed you only wanted to have an extra precaussion against robots by having a simple question to be answerd. No! wrong again! Ahh. Lets open CodeLite main page. He only wants to ensure that people registrating knows what kind of forum this is, fair enough. We read and writes "C/C++ programming languages". Exatly as written on main page.... We enter the silly anti robot image textual image stuffish once more, the x'th time and waits. Aaaargh. Wrong again. What is this st.. sh... .!!! Well. Pe paitient. breath, Count to ten. Lets try "C/C++" then because THAT is atleast true, atleast according to the help file, (we hope). New round with writing anti spam robot image textual stuff thingy and hit the but once again. NOOOOO! Even this was wrong! What is the problem? Dont he want users, is he posting all problems and solutions with diferent usernames himself? Alone? Is this some kind of a closed one man forum I have entered??? It cant be, lets try again. Final time. "C++". Enter the anti spam robot sperm textual stuff thingy with no zeroes in it and ignore capital letters, hot the rectangular grey st. but again...... wait...... more wait...... wait even mo.PING! I am in. Well. First I have to wait for the activation email since I have just spent a while answering silly questions and ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS TO CONTRIBUTE WITH A SOLUTION TO A PROBLEM SOME USER HAD!!!

Sigh. Why do I in my very first post in this forum spend time writing a negative post about the forum? Because you need to change this way of registrating. Remov the yes/no question and the "what cind of programming language" question. The correct answer isnt even correct at all, cause both the help file and the main page states that both C and C++ is correct answers. You have already acheived everything you want through the anti robot image. People who want to registrate already know, most of the time at least, what this forum is about.

Change it :evil:
I am sorry that you feel this way. I should probably tell you the background for this question:
The forum was closed for registration due to massive daily basis attack of spammers for 6 months. *every* user registered here was a spammer. This was the *only* way from preventing them to register into this forum (which after a year now, I can say that it worked)

The fact that you did manage to login after all, means that stupid question did its job after all: It keeps the bad guys from log in and let the good guys register :)

Sorry for this inconvenience but it is a step that one must take.

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread