How To get the codelite ToolBar Style

Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
evanxg852000
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

How To get the codelite ToolBar Style

Post by evanxg852000 »

Hi , I am new to wxwidgets . In fact I use QT because I am always concerned about the look of the UI . That what was stoping me to start learning wxwidgets . but
codelite Ui is very nice and . I really first though it was made in qt . for that reason I have started learning wxwidgets . not so difficult with my experience in Qt but I am not getting the same style of codelite's ToolBars .
Please can some one tell me How to achieve that in wxwidgets?
I would like to contribute to the developpement ?
is there any way for that ? I have not seen yet ...
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: How To get the codelite ToolBar Style

Post by eranif »

codelite uses wxAuiToolBar it does not use the standard wxToolBar.

If you downloaded wxWidgets sources, have a look at the provided samples under sample/aui/

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: How To get the codelite ToolBar Style

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,
I would like to contribute to the developpement ?
I think from the context that you mean contribute to wxWidgets development. If so, the normal answer is to start by submitting patches to fix bugs or feature-requests; either ones you've found yourself, or not-yet-fixed ones in http://trac.wxwidgets.org/.

However, since you know Qt, you might consider offering to help in the creation of a wxQt port. This has been talked about for years, but recently has actually been started: see e.g.
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/wx-dev ... c52eecf844. I'm sure that knowledgeable help would be welcomed.

Regards,

David