CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
mfhansen82
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Terminal problems

Post by mfhansen82 »

Hello all.

I am new to this forum, but i have searched the forum for at specific answer to my questions, but since i couldnt fint any i have posted this topic.

I recently installed Kubuntu 10.11 from scratch, only keeping my pictures, videos and my documents. Any settingfiles and stuff like that, i deleted. Now, i installed the CodeLite version from Synaptic, but everytime i tried to run the program i had written, the terminal would say that it couldnt find the programfile.
So i removed CodeLite completely by using the Synaptic Package Managers Complete removal method and then installed the Natty 4778 version from this page, using the sudo dpkg -i "installationfile.deb" (without the quotation marks).
Now when i try to start running (ctrl-f5) a program, it doesn't do anything at all. The compiler, builder and debugger works perfectly. The compilation says no errors, no warnings and the program runs fine when runned from a terminal manually.
When i use the Run command i get this message:
Current working directory: /home/michael/Programming/C++ for dummies (CodeLite)/objptr/Debug
Running program: /usr/lib/codelite/codelite_xterm './objptr ' '/bin/sh -f /usr/bin/codelite_exec ./objptr '
Program exited with return code: -1

In the global settings, my terminal command is set to /usr/lib/codelite/codelite_xterm '$(TITLE)' '$(CMD)'

My program is quite simple and i can post it here, if you would like to see it.

When i build my project, i get this message:
----------Build Started--------
/bin/sh -c '"make" -j 4 -f "C++ for dummies (CodeLite)_wsp.mk"'
----------Building project:[ objptr - Debug ]----------
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/michael/Programming/C++ for dummies (CodeLite)/objptr'
g++ -o ./Debug/objptr ./Debug/main.o -L.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/michael/Programming/C++ for dummies (CodeLite)/objptr'
----------Build Ended----------
0 errors, 0 warnings
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: Terminal problems

Post by eranif »

mfhansen82 wrote:Current working directory: /home/michael/Programming/C++ for dummies (CodeLite)/objptr/Debug
Running program: /usr/lib/codelite/codelite_xterm './objptr ' '/bin/sh -f /usr/bin/codelite_exec ./objptr '
Program exited with return code: -1
Do you have xterm installed?

codelite_xterm is just a wrapper script around the 'xterm' utility.

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
mfhansen82
CodeLite Curious

Post by mfhansen82 »

Yes. When i search for the x-terminal emulator it is installed. Can it be that the script is in another place?
Edit: I have just looked in the usr/lib/codelite folder and there is no codelite_xterm file.
mfhansen82
CodeLite Curious

Post by mfhansen82 »

I have reverted to the synaptic version, which is 2.8.0 4537 and this time the terminal will start up, but i am shown the message:
/usr/lib/codelite/codelite_exec: 22: ./objptr: not found
Press ENTER to continue...

I have checked and double checked that the objptr is where it is suppose to be and i can run it from a terminal. It works without flawes.
It seems like the x_term script is sending the wrong folder to the x_term.

Yes another update. When i try to debug in the 4537 version of CodeLite, the terminal windows responds with
&"warning: GDB: Failed to set controlling terminal: Operation not permitted\n"
but continues to run the program.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

mfhansen82 wrote:I have reverted to the synaptic version, which is 2.8.0 4537 and this time the terminal will start up, but i am shown the message:
/usr/lib/codelite/codelite_exec: 22: ./objptr: not found
Press ENTER to continue...

I have checked and double checked that the objptr is where it is suppose to be and i can run it from a terminal. It works without flawes.
It seems like the x_term script is sending the wrong folder to the x_term.
Why dont u simplt insall codelite_xterm from? just copy http://codelite.svn.sourceforge.net/vie ... ision=5000 to /usr/lib/codelite and give it exec permissins

Code: Select all

chmod +x /usr/lib/codelite/codelite_xterm
mfhansen82 wrote:Yes another update. When i try to debug in the 4537 version of CodeLite, the terminal windows responds with
&"warning: GDB: Failed to set controlling terminal: Operation not permitted\n"
but continues to run the program.
GDB warning, just ignore it

Eran
mfhansen82
CodeLite Curious

Post by mfhansen82 »

That did it.. Thank you..
Can you post a installbug for me, that when installing from the deb package manually on the Kubuntu Natty, the codelite_xterm and codelite_exec files doesnt seem to be installed. And do you know how to install the plugins, that you can install from the Synaptic?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

mfhansen82 wrote:And do you know how to install the plugins, that you can install from the Synaptic?
Do not mix between the packages from the synaptic and the package from sourceforge.

The package from sourceforge already includes all the plugins so you don't need to install anything else.

I strongly recommend that you work with the .deb that is provided by sourceforge (if you wish to get help on this forum about installation issues).

Eran