Top level makefile overhaul

Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
grizzie17
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Top level makefile overhaul

Post by grizzie17 »

I'm trying to figure out how create a new top level makefile. Right now it appears that CodeLite always creates a top level makefile that is a single project. This entirely defeats the bennefit of having multiple jobs. By experimenting I have found that if you have a decent top-level makefile you can set your job count to at least double your number of cores. I am attaching a sample makefile for what I want to generate. This correctly drives the project makefiles that I have already supplied a patch.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated for how to change CodeLite to produce this type of file.

-- humbly John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
grizzie17
CodeLite Enthusiast

Re: Top level makefile overhaul

Post by grizzie17 »

I've updated my "desired" makefile so it will correctly recognize the errors/warnings (the desire would be to load the makefile with the regex build patterns).

-- John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Top level makefile overhaul

Post by eranif »

atm, codelite does not support parallel building of projects, however it does support multiple compilation of files.

Note that the new top level makefile you attached is nice, but it probably wont work under Windows ( and I am not sure it will work with older Mac machines as well)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread